The Malta Geographic Society is instituted for the promotion and diffusion of geographical knowledge, with special reference to the Maltese Islands and the Mediterranean area
1. The affairs of the Society shall be conducted by a Committee which shall be elected by the Annual General Meeting. There shall be nine members, namely the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer, Events Coordinator, Walks Coordinator and Membership Coordinator. The Committee may co-opt to fill vacancies and up to three additional members and Honorary Officers and Honorary Members. Half plus one of the Committee shall form a quorum.
2. Any person who has been a member for a year shall be eligible to serve on the Committee.
3. The Committee shall have the right to appoint sub-committees for particular purposes, and such sub-committees shall be chaired by a member of the Committee but the. Committee may co-opt to sub-committees if necessary.
4. The Chairman, or any four members of the Committee, may at any time cause a meeting of the Committee to be held.
5. At all meetings of the Committee the Chairman shall have the casting vote.
6. Members of the Committee who absent themselves without justification from three consecutive meetings of the Committee shall be considered as having resigned therefore.
7. The Chairman or his delegate from the Committee and one other person who is not a Committee member shall be appointed to examine and certify the accounts for the year before submitting to the AGM.
8. The Secretary or Treasurer shall send to each newly admitted member notice of admission together with a copy of the Rules.
9. The Committee shall have the right to expel any Member for any reason which it deems sufficient.
10. Every member (except Life Members as at 22nd February 2011) shall pay an Annual Subscription, the amount of which shall be decided by the Committee. Any member who has not paid the subscription by the end of February in the relevant year will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Society.
11. The Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held in the February of each year, and 25 days’ notice shall be given. If members wish to propose resolutions then these should be in the hands of the Secretary at least fourteen days before the Annual General Meeting.
12. An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called by the Committee or at the written request of at least ten Members, and in either case 28 days notice of the meeting and its Agenda shall be given.
13. The Committee may, from time to time organize meetings and other activities of the Society, notice of which shall be given to all members; members may bring guest.